Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dread Mountain (GC10679) - Adel

This is another one close to my home and one that is actually close to my heart too. Despite the name of the cache, this monument actually is a monument to celebrate the Italian migrants of the community who used to run most of the Glynde corner. The monument is supposed to represent a part of the first ship which came over to Australia.















When I got to where the GPS took me, I began to get distracted and ended up looking around the monument at all the names. Eventually I got back on track and read the clue to help me know what I was looking for and whereabouts id find it. I wasn't sure if in this case the two were coincidental.















A very unique cache, haven't seen another like it. At first I looked past it because I thought it was part of the automatic sprinkler system! I signed the log and didn't take anything or leave anything. This was a cool little find, even if i was itching for a little while afterwards hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment