Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Mint (GC14P9P) Melb

This cache had eluded me once before and so this time, it was personal! Last time when I went, I actually went into the grounds of the Mint and was poking around there as ninja like as I could but most probably arose much suspicion, especially to the muggles whose cars were in the car park.















To be honest, I was in fact on my way to search the exact same car park when I realized that the GPS coordinates were in fact right on the wall and it never occurred to me last time that there are two sides to a wall :-p















Being on the right side of the wall, I found the cache which was very cleverly camouflaged. However, in searching for the cache I found a small space where I though the cache may have been, which it wasn't and there was a used syringe in there. Now, I generally cache with a glove, but even this was not enough, so to fellow cachers, please be careful when caching, I always have a stick with me to poke holes first to make sure there is nothing dangerous and I always check it out thoroughly with a torch.

I say, if it feels unsafe, don't do it. I know i've only found about 20 odd caches, but of all of those, i've never found one in a place that felt dodgy and never found one in a place riddled with spider webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment